Monday, October 8, 2007

What a wonderful long weekend!!!


What a wonderful long weekend! Durning my holiday I red a essay in English named "In Memory of Norman Bethune", was written by Mao Cedong AKA "Chairman Mao". The book talked about a Canadain who named Norman Bethune sacrificed himself in China durning WWII. There is not any North American who is as famous as Dr. Norman Bethune in China. His name is well known virtually to every household in China. He is a real hero and supper star in China and widely admired by Chinese people. The essay by Chairman Mao "In Memory of Norman Bethune" has become elementary reading in the schools, from universities down to the elementary levels. Word was passed from mouth to mouth among people of this amazing Canadian doctor who shared his clothes, his food, and even his blood with wounded Chinese soldiers. He had become a great hero in China. Dr. Bethune had become the God of Guardian of Chinese soldiers. “Attack, Dr. Bethune is with us.” They shouted when they jumped out of trenches. Late in October 1939, while operating on a wounded soldier, Bethune cut his left hand, and this was not the first time he cut his hand during the operation. He was sure this would heal soon. But this time, the cut was deadly. As a Chinese, I highly admire dr. norman, who gave us a hand at the eleventh hour. I think he is the biggest hero in the Canada!!! And we will never forget him because he contributions not only encourage our people durning the war but also incarnate the unselfish internationalism of him. By the way I have just updated my PC and installed Vista as my OS. It is really cool!!!

2 comments:

Allen said...

Well, same here. Dr. Bethune is a person that I really admire and what he did is pricelss.

By the way, you had long weekend every single week.. You are really getting high man!

Scott Douglas said...

Norman Bethune is one of my heroes too! There is a statue of him in Montreal, and I got my picture taken beside his statue!