Monday, July 16, 2007

History Again!


I am getting tired of attending history lecture so I chose geography of world affairs. I thought there were something new for me, but there were not. Instead, the instructor delivered a lecture about European history, yet I really loved it^_^. The first half of the lecture was about the ancient European history, and in the second half the discussion was based on the modern European history. I attended the entire lecture. The instructor first talked about the earliest cultures such as Greece and Rome that appeared in Mediterranean Sea region. He also discussed not only the causes, which led to the collapse of Roman Empire, but also the significant impacts of several important events in European history such as Industrial Revolution, WWI, WWII and the Cold War. This is my fourth time to attend a formal University lecture; I have attended another three lectures like this one before. However, this lecture proved to be the most difficult one. Obviously, there were too many buzzwords in each field of study, and we are not able to know them all. Even though I am familiar with the topic and the terms on the history, I still had some problems comprehending the lecture, this is not only because of the talking speed of the professor, but also his accent. I think attending more lectures like this will be helpful for me to adapt to the university life and the environment more quickly.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I also like history very much, specially, the ancient history of China.